From the Daily News:
An explosion after a report of a gas leak shook a Queens neighborhood Friday - leveling a house, injuring two people and igniting an inferno that spread to neighboring homes.
Con Edison was on the scene investigating a power outage and a gas odor at one house when the home right next door suddenly blew up, witnesses said.
This is what happens when people do illegal construction without turning off the gas at the main. All kinds of similar things are going on throughout the city since our wonderful real estate boom caused people to cut corners to pay their mortgages.
too bad it wasn't a slumlord who got blown up! better luck next time.
It's sad that this women died and i believe she's the one who complained about the gas. I don't understand why anyone would stay inside their homes. Feel very sad for the husband and her children. the con edison worker said he took the manhole cover off and the house blew up. I wished he would of told the women to get out of the house. He was in her basement and smelt the gas.
Heh, heh, heh...it didn't look like Bloomberg's townhouse.
So the friction resulting from that Con Ed worker's decision to remove the manhole cover could have sparked the explosion?
Consolidated Edison says,"We're on it"!
In this case I don't mind a small rate increase if the utility has to settle that case with big $$$$$$!
FIRST YOU MAKE SURE THE PREMISES ARE VACANT BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING!
Con Ed has to answer for this!
SLOPPY PROCEDURE IS EVIDENT!
Post a Comment