This information is from the Queens Gazette.
The following branch libraries will be open on Saturdays beginning August 4:
• Arverne, 312 Beach 54th St., • Astoria, 14-01 Astoria Blvd., • Briarwood, 85-12 Main St., • East Elmhurst, 95-06 Astoria Blvd., • Glendale, 78-60 73rd Pl.,
• Lefrak City, 98-30 57th Ave.,
• North Forest Park, 98-27 Metropolitan Ave.,
• Peninsula, 92-25 Rockaway Beach Blvd.,
• Queensboro Hill, 60-05 Main St., • Rochdale Village, 169-09 137th Ave.,
• Whitestone, 151-10 14th Rd. and
• Windsor Park, 79-50 Bell Blvd.
On July 7 the Cambria Heights branch at 218-13 Linden Blvd. and the Long Island City branch at 37-44 21st St., started Saturday hours. Libraries in 23 communities already have weekend service. Their schedules will continue. Expanded hours of service at additional Queens Libraries will be announced in the next few weeks.
Friday, July 20, 2007
Libraries in Queens reopen on Saturdays
Posted by Queens Crapper at 12:34 AM
Labels: Arverne, Astoria, Briarwood, Cambria Heights, Elmhurst, Glendale, Library, Long Island City, Queensboro Hill, Rochdale, Rockaway, Whitestone
When I was a kid, the libraries were always open on Saturdays. We've had huge budget surpluses for years so I don't know what took the Bloomberg administration so long to reopen the libraries.
FINALLY this city does something right!
There's a big problem at the Flushing library (Kissena and Main) .
It's being used at times, as a community or senior center for people to hang out read newspapers and chat.....a refuge from the hot or cold weather !
Not to exclude anyone....but that's NOT what a library is supposed to be used for !
I've actually seen some people fall asleep in library chairs that I needed to occupy in order to do some research !
Put on some more library guards Councilman Liu !
This is not an Asian social club !
Post a Comment