Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Filthy Major Mark Park - The Sequel


Yesterday you all received an email with photos from me showing all the garbage/trash in certain areas along Hillside Avenue (which I am happy to say that the website Queens Crap posted but not happy to see all this crap all over my community).

Well continuing on the theme of shitty Hillside Avenue and trashy Jamaica and while walking to the local Walgreens, I walked through Major Mark Park, located on Hillside Avenue between 173rd St and 175th Street and to my lack of surprise, garbage, garbage and more garbage.

Here are photos just taken this afternoon of the disgusting and filthy Major Mark Park, which I had brought to all of your attention not that long ago on July 20th. Well, Major John W. Park (who lost his life fighting for the U.S. Army in World War I) is doing double back flips and in constant rolling around mode in his grave knowing that this Jamaica park named after him is in a constant state of garbage/trash and has become a haven for the savage beasts (I refuse to use the word pig, since pigs are actually very clean animals) in Jamaica who sit next to the homeless and drug addicts and as usual bring down the quality of life in Jamaica.

Although I would go out on a limb and state that the homeless do not add as much garbage here as do the residents of Jamaica who think nothing of throwing cans, bottles, papers, fast food container, diapers and anything else in their disgusting dirty hands on the ground even when standing or sitting right next to a garbage can. Ah, the diversity of Queens.

This is just totally appalling and this is not even a huge park, just under an acre, .09 acres. I hate to think if this park was much larger.

As I have stated so many times before, the savages who live in Jamaica are the culprits, but how are you all going to handle this, especially you, Councilman Leroy Comrie and Community Board #12 since this falls under your jurisdiction.

Do Not Litter signs would be welcome as would be a large gate surrounding the park with an entrance fee of $2.50. That is a joke, not many in this park would be able to read the damn sign.


Joe Moretti

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

your photos express a need for bins rather than 1 can at these locations.

why were there no pick ups ?d.o.s./parks laziness ?

Anonymous said...

Who is the Parks Dept district supervisor for that area?
You need to go after him/her. The Community board would know.

Anonymous said...

Take a good look at the nabe.
The problem is the minorities who use the park.
They're pigs!

Anonymous said...

This appears to be a ghetto nabe.
They always get under served.

Conditions like this would never be tolerated in the leafier green hoods like Bowne Park.

Now, would it?

georgetheatheist said...

Don't worry, Joe. Carlisle Towery and the Greater Jamaica Development Corporation will be on this immediately.

Anonymous said...

Question is.... How does the park look this morning?

Anonymous said...

They fixed Bryant Park and got rid of the drugs by renting out micro stores who have an interest in improvement.

Joe Moretti, Jamaica, NY said...

The Parks Department came out this morning and cleaned it up. WPIX-TV called me this today to do a story on this, but when they came out is was already cleaned up. But with some of the disgusting people in the hood who go there, it will be no time before they make it a mess again. This is why you cannot have nice things in this type of neighborhood, the savages will destroy it until the quality people stand up and fight against this. So when you see things like this you need to contact the city like I do and put the pressure on them. Believe me they will come out right away and take care of it, they do not like negative publicity. I have been doing this since 2011 and I do not let up on the city, politicians, community boards, etc. You have to be persistent though. I know it is tough but enough pressure works.

Anonymous said...

Make the park a beer garden, the hipsters will come move in, add a Starbucks, used book store, and a random food truck and poof! Next up and coming neighborhood! I want an open loft!

Anonymous said...

Gee, its funny how in Queens the pols always show up to take credit for, well just about anything.

The rest of you stand in the background as spear carrying extras while they take credit for bringing civilization to your benighted lives.

So they sent and agency in and the media reported a success ... rather than a failure of the pols to do their job.

Anonymous said...

Make it a crack dealers' park.
That's what the natives are used to.

Anonymous said...

I moved to Queens Village a couple of years ago and I'm deeply disgusted by the level of trash along Hillside Avenue as well as on my block just off Hillside Avenue. It seems to me that people who care need to get together and put up signs or clean up the place themselves. I'm not sure what else can be done, but it's driving me crazy.

All you need is LOVE. said...

I see these posts stopped in 2012 when the article was published. Major Mark is my Wife's Great Grandfather. We visited this park after the article and it was pretty nice shape. I am very disappointed in the terrible comments that were posted. I hope these people have had something in their life to change the way they think. They all sound miserable and terrible haters. If you want to change the park or the world, change it with love not hate.