Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Steinway Street eyesore

Hey Crappy,

Spotted this gem on Steinway Street on a Sunday afternoon stroll.

Love it! The vinyl covers the entire facade outside of the storefront, and just for good measure, they put perforated / one-way window ads in too... in case we couldn't see the rest.

Anywho, thought you'd appreciate it more than most. At least it's not John Ciafone!

And P.S.: 311 definitely got a phone call... the complaint is already logged.

Keep up the muckraking!

Best,
-somethingstructural

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooooooouu! they dialed 311!

now THAT will take care of it.

Anonymous said...

Isn't the balliwick of library boss, community one board member, Dutch Kills Civic honcho George Stamatiades who leads CALDC?

Stop by and check 'em out in their new digs.

Anonymous said...

Anyone need braces? I can give you a number to a place you can to get them done! Lol

Anonymous said...

What's obviously illegal about it?

Queens Crapper said...

The size.

Anonymous said...

This is in a class by itself. A look at the future!

Anonymous said...

I live on Steinway and that has been like that for a couple of years now! nothing new

Anonymous said...

Anon 6:
I'm the complainer. I've lived on 46th street and have never seen it. I don't frequently walk on the West side of Steinway so I guess it's possible it's been there. In fact, a google maps check indicates most of it was. So it goes.

I'm kind of in awe that I haven't seen it before.

The complaint indicates the signage covers the entire facade including windows. If windows are covered then I'll put my money on DOB showing up eventually. Unless it's actually owned by a CB1 member, in which case... shut it down.
-somethingstructural

Joe Moretti said...

GHETTO!