Monday, October 21, 2013

Man dies in house without smoke alarms after fire

From the Daily News:

A deadly blaze that ripped through a two-story home in Queens Sunday killed one person and injured another, officials said.

The fire started in the cellar of a home on Springfield Blvd. in Queens Village around 2 p.m. and quickly spread up the first-floor staircase, fire officials said.

Fire officials don’t know yet what sparked the blaze but said there were no working smoke detectors in the home.

No comments: