Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Queens Lotto winner comes forward

From the Queens Courier:

One Kew Gardens man had a whole ‘lotto’ luck on his side as he came forward as the winner of the $133 million winner of the July 7, Mega Millions jackpot.

MTA collections agent Aubrey Boyce, 49, took home the second largest Mega Millions jackpot in New York State history electing to take the lump sum, which after taxes means that he will receive about $54.7 million.

“I was in deep shock; I couldn’t believe I was the winner,” said Boyce, who spoke softly at a news conference that took place at Grand Central station on Tuesday, July 28.

On the morning of July 7, Boyce purchased $2 in Quick Pick numbers from the Shiv Convenience story on Hillside Avenue in Jamaica. Later that night, he watched the drawing on TV, and he remembered seeing some of the numbers on one of his tickets. He checked it again, and he told his wife Francis that he had the winning ticket.

“She thought I was joking,” Boyce said.


Apparently, earlier reports that the winner was female were incorrect.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leave ny shitty forthwith!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

The man can't even smile???

Kevin Walsh said...

I want to win so I can meet YoLANDa Vega!

www.forgotten-ny.com

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that money will be going within 3 years.

Anonymous said...

54.7 million - it'll be all gone inside of five years....

Wade Nichols said...

Wow! I thought Ray Charles was dead!

georgetheatheist said...

If I won this big amount of dough, I wouldn't consent to have my photo taken.

Anonymous said...

It's hideous, that you are made to stand there for a BS photo op and interview. I wouldn't smile either.