Thursday, April 1, 2010

Cemetery gets a sidewalk!

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank St. John Cemetery for installing this sidewalk (or perhaps DOT has struck again) along Metropolitan Avenue. It's extremely useful and was long overdue. Look at those schmucks walking on the dirt path across the street when traveling is so much easier over on this side! Silly people.

(Yes, in the 21st Century, we still have dirt paths for pedestrians on major Queens roads...or in this case rocky paths.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess when Senator Maltese lost the Senate race, so went the funding for the sidewalk. Has anyone asked Addabbo for the funding?

Anonymous said...

Boy, lots of snarky hostility here. I guess it never occured to anyone (or you choose to ignore the fact) that maybe the sidewalk is not yet complete? If they pour concrete soon to complete it, will there be an article of apology to the city or the DOT? Let me guess-- no.

Queens Crapper said...

It's been like that for months, so when are they going to complete it?

Queens Crapper said...

P.S. It's April Fool's Day, in case you didn't catch the theme of the postings today.

Radie said...

Months? It's been like that for YEARS. I am 29 years old now, but I recall having to "rollerblade" through this street all the time, since I lived around the block (67th Rd & 80th St).

Man, that was dangerous stuff..

Pretty sad that they havent fixed it.. I havent been through here on foot in years and never noticed while riding in a car.