Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Have a problem? Call a TV station, not 311

From NY1:

South Ozone Park resident Francis Ramdeen has had to clean sewage-contaminated water out of his basement every day for the past few weeks. Ramdeen says the problem began two months ago after the city replaced the storm drain and catch basins in front of his home.

Frustrated and tired, the Ramdeens finally got the Department of Environment Protection to check out the problem a few of weeks ago. But the couple was told they were not responsible and a private contractor did it. They also suggested the couple get their drain cleaned.

When that didn't work, they called NY1 for help.

As soon as NY1 reached the house, other residents began to complain about a foul odor coming from the catch basins.

People also complained about how the work looked. They say the catch basins are a trip hazard since the curbs and part of the sidewalk are now covered with asphalt.

When contacted by NY1, a DEP spokesperson said the Department of Design and Construction is responsible for the work. However, a DDC spokesperson said the station's call was the first complaint the agency had received.

About an hour after the call was placed, a crew was on the scene to fix the sewer and the catch basins.

When the dirt settles, the crew will eventually lay concrete on the sidewalk as planned.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a problem with my TV station. They don't give straight news and everything is slanted left or right.

Who do i call about that?

Anonymous said...

I have a problem with my TV station. They don't give straight news and everything is slanted left or right.

Who do i call about that?


Your optometrist or buy a new tv, smartass.

Anonymous said...

I have a problem with my TV station. They don't give straight news and everything is slanted left or right.

Who do i call about that?

Noam Chomsky?

Anonymous said...

I Think we call NY1 cause unless you kiss our city council member Eric Ulrich's royal ass, you won't get anything.

Anonymous said...

"I have a problem with my TV station."

So do I because my FCC thought with their slippery buttholes to make TV digital, and my digital antenna can't pick up shit.