From the Daily News:
Republican Mike Ricatto is back on the campaign trail, spending big bucks to win the Feb. 24 City Council special election.
But did the deep-pocketed businessman from Ozone Park ever really suspend his campaign, as he vowed to do shortly after a tragic accident involving his campaign bus?
But during the interval his campaign was supposedly on hold, Ricatto paid a weekly newspaper $900 for ads and a computer consultant to launch his Web site, which went live during that time period.
The day after Ricatto suspended his campaign, McClelland hinted that Ricatto might bow out. "We don't know how we are going to move forward," McClelland told The News on Jan. 7.
But, the next day, Ricatto's campaign submitted a Certificate of Acceptance to the city Board of Elections. The document formally states his candidacy.
When asked about the filing, McClelland initially dodged the question, explaining the campaign office remained open only to notify supporters that a Jan. 8 fund-raiser had been cancelled.
McClelland later said the paperwork was filed to meet a deadline. "If we didn't do it and we decided to go forward, we would be unable to do so," he said.
Why would Ricatto be listed as a member of the Queens Village Republican Club if he's from the HoBeach area?