Friday, August 28, 2009

Mike says you can just tune him out

From PolitickerNY:

Michael Bloomberg said if people don’t like his campaign ads, “don’t watch.”

At a press conference on Broadway, where Bloomberg stuffed boxes to be sent to members of the armed forces stationed overseas, a reporter pressed Bloomberg on his ads--which, a poll said, annoy voters.

The ads are “somewhat unavoidable,” said a reporter from the Associated Press.

“I’ve managed to avoid them,” said Bloomberg.

“You don’t ever see your ads?” the reporter asked.

“I don’t have time to watch television,” he said. “I have a job that sort of requires me to work from sort of early in the morning till the middle of the evening. Then, catching up on all the work that I have to take home, I don’t have a lot of time to watch television. But if I did, and I didn’t like the ads, I guess I could turn it off or not watch.”


How about when your campaign calls my house or knocks on my door to tell me how great you are? How do I avoid that?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since the losers that run the self proclaimed media capital of the world dont have the balls to do it, why dont you Crappy take the Mayor's pronouncements and contrast it with reality.

That should be fun.

PizzaBagel said...

The ironic thing will be that his campaign will see how seriously bad the Quinnipiac Poll numbers are for our dislike of these ads, and then create yet another ad to address the issue!

BTW, I have gotten to the point where I'm snarling comments to the TV when those ads appear -- about how much of a liar and a phony he is. This latest one about bettering the lives of middle-class New Yorkers in the form of discount prescription drug cards and tuition assistance and help for small business are yet more nonsense that he expects the sheeple to eat up without any questioning.

Anonymous said...

"Mike says you can just tune him out"

Don't worry Bloombucks, I already have.

ceiling on my head lady said...

They call my house constantly. I spoke to a staffer once and gave him an earful. This is the mayor who fostered overdevelopment that nearly killed me. How should I vote?

Anonymous said...

Well Mayor Dictator that's just what I do, every channel that your ad's come on I turn the channel.

Gary the Agnostic said...

It's only going to get worse between now and Election Day. Does anyone think that he's going to reduce the number or ads that are run on TV and radio or cut back on the number of mailings that go out?

Anonymous said...

Too bad the media is bought and sold. I would love to see a reporter challenge the "facts" in these ads! Independent media? I'm sure that his campaign dollars are keeping many media outlets afloat.