City officials broke ground Monday on the latest phase of a massive affordable housing complex on a former industrial site in Long Island City.
Hunter’s Point South II will feature 3,000 new apartments on some of the priciest real estate in New York City. But Mayor de Blasio said at least 60% of the units will be set aside for low, moderate and middle-income families.
The completed project — which includes several buildings under phase one — is expected to create 5,000 units of housing.
“This will make it the largest affordable housing development to be built in New York City since the 1970s,” said de Blasio, who attended the ceremonial groundbreaking. “People want to see big solutions, it doesn’t get bigger than Hunter’s Point South.”
The development was started during the Bloomberg Administration and will include new commercial space and parkland along a stretch of East River waterfront once dominated by factories and warehouses.
Tuesday, November 24, 2015
Hunters Point South phase 2 breaks ground
Posted by Queens Crapper at 7:42 AM
Labels: affordable housing, Hunters Point, LIC
There will be no such thing as affordable housing once this project is completed in 2025.
1. loving couples ready for babies or children - check
2. wildlife and green grasses like the countryside - check
3. the lowest 3 stories of shadowy nearly invisible grey tinted 50 story building shimmering in the background - check
4. bold amenities with breath taking views - check
5. The corner of toxic brownfield Newtown Creek and shit laden East River that will likely flood the lobby several times a year and give the little babies (see 1 above) all sorts of nasty congenital issues (not pictured)
6. Sleazebag pols and shady developers cutting deals to displace communities and get subsidies from the public in exchange for donations (not pictured)
7. robbing a community's waterfront park to give its waterfront to rich developers - check
Have you noticed how well occupants of affordable / subsidized housing tale care of it?
It will become a true disaster zone shortly after opening.
OUT OF 3,000 UNITS ONLY 30 WILL BE AFFORDABLE. THIS WILL BE THE BIGGEST LAND GRAB BY DEVELOPERS IN NYC HISTORY NOT COUNTING THE HUDSON RAIL YARDS. AS TRUMP WOULD SAY, IT'S YUGE!!
Only 30 affordable housing units? AirBNB rentals sure are getting scarce in LIC!
Queens will not be "finished" until there's a solid wall of luxury apartments obscuring a view of the East River, Manhattan, or the Bronx from the any point inland.
Oh, there's a five foot wide ribbon called a waterfront park at some points. (Like a scrap thrown from the table.)
The Chinese and maybe a couple of illegal immigrant South Americans will grab all the affordable apartments months before the ground is broken. Wonder how they always pull that off?
Post a Comment