From the Daily News:
Council leaders are crafting a package of bills to force Bloomberg - and future mayors - to work faster, explain their actions and ensure that every borough gets served.
Among bills in the works are ones that would:
* Mandate a snow emergency when forecasters say a blizzard is on the way.
* Require the city to open its emergency operations center long before the flakes start falling.
* Force crews to meet strict deadlines on removing towers of snow that block crosswalks.
* Require the city to publish lists of streets defined as primary, secondary or tertiary - a ranking system that determines which streets get plowed first.
* Designate an official to be in charge of cleanup in each borough.
Other measures would force the city to improve its 911 emergency system and beef up its 311 information system during storms.
And then of course, there's the bill that would force Bloomberg to notify us when he will be out of town and designate a deputy mayor to take charge while he is away. Party's over, pal.