Sunday, April 12, 2015

Why carbon monoxide detectors are necessary

From CBS Local:

A couple in their 80s and another man and woman were killed in a carbon monoxide incident in Floral Park, Queens Friday afternoon.

The incident began at around 3:15 p.m. in a single family home at 260th Street near 86th Avenue, according to EMS, 1010 WINS’ Derricke Dennis reported.

Jerry Hugel, 83, was found dead in a garage, and Marie Hugel, 80, was found dead in the lower floor adjacent to a garage, sources said. They were found dead by their son, an NYPD sergeant, who called 911, sources said.

Walter Vonthadden, 76, was found dead in the upstairs living room, and Gloria Greco, 70, was found dead upstairs near a staircase, sources said.

One of the two victims in their 70s lived in the house as a tenant, while the other was a visitor, police said.

Police said a Buick was found running in the garage, CBS2’s Matt Kozar reported.

No comments: