Wednesday, April 8, 2020

4,000


Image

Daily Mail

 The coronavirus death toll in New York City hit more than 4,000 Wednesday morning. 

On Tuesday evening deaths had risen by 806 to 3,544 in just 24 hours. The figure is almost double the number of deaths recorded Monday in the country's coronavirus epicenter. 

The nationwide death toll rose by almost 2,000 yesterday - America's deadliest day from the virus yet - and currently stands at 12,953.  

 City transit needs to be shut down too.

At least 41 MTA workers have died from coronavirus and 1,500 have tested positive, the MTA chairman announced on Tuesday as the New York City death toll surpassed 4,000. 

Transit workers are among those who are deemed essential employees and are still required to go to work despite the ongoing pandemic.

Many have told of their frustration at members of the public not taking the threat seriously and some have even died after sharing their concerns.

Chairman and CEO Patrick J. Foye said on Wednesday during an interview with WCBS 880: 'We mourn the loss of every one of our 41 colleagues.' 

Foye is among those who has tested positive for the virus. 

'I happen to be one of those, but the real loss is the grieving that we're doing at the MTA and the families of the 41 MTA colleagues who have been killed by the virus,' he said.   

The MTA has give workers 300,000 N-95 masks and 160,000 surgical masks since March 1.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was at exposed at work. When I got home Friday night I called the COVID 19 hotline. An actual person answered, took my info and put me on the list. I got a call back on Monday with and appointment for Tuesday at Aqueduct Race Track. I went...got my test done in 15 minutes..very few people there..I will get my results in 48 to 72 hours.

Anonymous said...

part of this is because people do not respect social distancing at all...

Anonymous said...

Social distancing ? What an absurd and ridiculous concept.

The comfortably preemptive yet natural end of baby boomers is upon us

Anonymous said...

I look at this Chinese virus as a free 30 day trial of the Green New Deal. How’s everyone liking it?