A Consolidated Edison utility company contractor has been electrocuted while installing cable in a Queens substation.
A Con Ed spokeswoman says he came in contact with a live cable.
The contractor was rushed Thursday afternoon from the substation to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Con Ed says its thoughts and prayers are with the worker's family.
The utility company and fire and police department officials are investigating.
The contractor's death is the latest misfortune for the utility.
Last November, a woman died after a gas leak sparked an explosion in Queens.
In July, a steam pipe exploded in Manhattan. A woman fleeing the scene died from a heart attack, and two other people were badly burned.
Con Edison Contractor Electrocuted In Queens