A man was critically injured in a Queens house fire, officials said Saturday.
The blaze broke out just after 11:30 p.m. Friday in the basement of a three-story home on 66th St. near 50th Ave. in Maspeth, according to FDNY officials.
Firefighter Frank Busener of Ladder 136, met with choking smoke and heavy fire in the rear of the building, found the victim unconscious near a stairwell.
With help from Firefighter Roger Rudzewick and Captain Brian Neville, Busener brought the victim outside to waiting EMS workers, officials said.
The victim, who appeared to be about 30 years old, was in respiratory arrest, but EMS workers managed to get his pulse back as they rushed him to Elmhurst Hospital, where he was listed in critical condition.