Friday, July 15, 2011

Scarano decision upheld by court

From The Real Deal:

A state appeals court today has rejected architect Robert Scarano's appeal of a decision forbidding him from filing any building documents, including permit applications and construction plans, with the Department of Buildings.

"New Yorkers depend on licensed professionals to follow the law and ensure the quality of life of our neighborhoods is protected. Mr. Scarano betrayed that trust, and this decision sends a clear message that there are serious consequences for filing false documents in New York City," DOB Commissioner Robert LiMandri said in a statement.

The initial decision, made in March 2010, followed accusations that Scarano knowingly made false and misleading statements to the DOB on documents relating to buildings at 145 Snediker Avenue, 158 Freeman Street and 1037 Manhattan Avenue in Williamsburg, Brooklyn in order to have illegal or oversized buildings approved.

"While we find no support for some of the findings of the [Administrative Law Judge,]" the decision says, "we agree that the petitioner's actions in submitting misleading photographs, falsely certifying that all objections had been resolved, and claiming entitlement to extra floor area resulting from a nonexistent community facility are supported by substantial evidence and warrant the finding that DOB can no longer rely on him to submit honest paperwork."


Anonymous said...

Why the State hasn't revoke his architect license yet?

Anonymous said...

So Bobby "the hairpiece" will just get some other mafioso architect to file for him!

String him up by his short hairs and pull his license already!

The man is a public menace.

Anonymous said...

Why don't they do this to Tommy Huang? Is he next?