Thursday, November 29, 2007

Leaf me be!

"Perhaps you can answer this question for me: Why is it that - by law - we must put our leaves into large paper recycling bags, but the Parks Dept. still puts them into plastic bags? And don't get me started on their using that damned leaf blower at 7:30 in the morning (and they started this crap back in September!).

Yours, Karl"

I can't answer that except to say that the city writes laws that they have no intention of following themselves. That, and they like f*cking with us.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a retiree and really can't afford expensive gardening service contractors.
(Lord willing.....I'll continue to care for my own yard as long as possible).

Many gardeners now demand that you hire them for the full year for a range of services including snow removal. That's very costly for me but cheap for them since many employ illegal day laborers to do the work.

I've tried 3 times to get paper leaf bags
from Home Depot etc.
to find out that they were sold out.

So I've had to temporarily bag my leaves in plastic bags until I can later transfer them to paper.

The appointment for pick up by the Parks Dept. is this coming Saturday.......and I still haven't been able to find enough paper leaf bags yet.

I guess that I'll have to wait for the next pick up.

In the meantime......the 2 paper bags that I managed to fill have already been rain soaked waiting for pickup.

Thank you Commissioner Benepe !

Anonymous said...

I, too, cannot find the paper bags. All the stores are out. So you know what to do.... rake them on your neighbors property just before their gardener arrives. Problem solved!

Anonymous said...

What if you miss the scheduled dates? BTW I throw the tuna fish cans in with the regular garbage. Arrest me I don't care.

Anonymous said...

Great idea !
Intermix regular stinky garbage
with your leaves.

They've got to pick them up
in plastic bags then.

H-m-m-m......
maybe I'll scour the nabe for
some overlooked dog poop
and toss that in as well !

Wadda ya think a 40/60%
leaf to garbage mix ?