"House soon to be history at corner of Oak Ave and 158th Street in Flushing. Used to be the Flushing Christian School.
How to tell when your neighborhood will soon be getting a future piece of crap:
1. Have a beautiful old house on the corner of your street? = kiss of death. Old corner houses have the most land and are the first to go.
2. House number is spray painted on house so work crews won't have trouble finding it.
3. Rat poison warning signs are placed in most of the doors and windows.
4. You see a crew in front of the old house disconnecting the sewer lines.
5. ALL trees on property cut down.
6. Electricity is disconnected by another lovely work crew.
7. Beautiful plywood goes up surrounding the property.
8. The permits are placed on the lovely plywood (if said permits exist). Sometimes a cute mailbox accompanies the permits on the plywood.
9. Windows are taken out.
10. Another beautiful piece of history is destroyed and replaced by a piece of crap.
I pass this property everyday, today they were starting the demolition, it is beyond sadness." - Denise