The Romanian Church of God of Ridgewood has sold their building and an adjacent residence at St. Nicholas and Harman Street to a Williamsburg developer for $1,600,000. The property, which was on the market for a year, had been listed for $1,399,000.
The church building was constructed in 1917 as St. Andrews English Evangelical Lutheran Church and is located adjacent to the Ridgewood Pentecostal Church (originally the Wyckoff Heights Presbyterian Church). The property was purchased by Noam Amos of Home Zone / SNY Group via St. Nick Properties LLC. Amos is currently constructing new residential buildings at 257 Jefferson Street and 186 Greenpoint Ave, and previously developed 310 Humboldt Street.
The Church of God has moved to the former New Apostolic Church at 60-33 Madison Street near Fresh Pond Road, a 1931 building which was put up for sale after the congregation merged with one in Astoria.