Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Fire at Pan Am as governor's deadline passes




Thankfully it was under control quickly and seemingly without injury. The cause at this point is unknown. At least we know it wasn't a kitchen fire!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cigarette or hot plate ?

Anonymous said...

Utterly ridiculous to put NYFD in this sort of danger, when it has been established time and again that this is not a proper venue to function as a shelter. Glad to hear it was put out without any injuries.

Walter White said...

Meth lab?

Anonymous said...

Burn it down, They need better (free) housing and if that shelter burns, they will have to find them better (maybe the Ritz, or Trump tower)

With our system they can only go up, anything less would be a discrimination lawsuit.

Anonymous said...

The cause is one of two, a lit cigarette or a lit joint.
Hot plate comes in a distant third.

Anonymous said...

Office fire to get rid of evidence ?

Anonymous said...

It was only a matter of time--my guess, cig or joint. BTW, B.S. stats on "crime"--shopkeepers on Broadway and Grand Ave 80's block inform me getting ripped off beer and cigs, etc almost on a daily basis by "hotel garbage". Koreans, Indo-Pak owners do not report.

See these PanAm "guests" smoking joints while walking kids to school, then stop for beers on way back, hide booze in baby carriage. Sweet. Get a job, baby factory.

joann lee said...

Samaritan Village, the operator of the HOmeless shelter say it was caused by a candle in a bathroom. Are they kidding me? Residents say it was a hotplate. It was in a room with an infant. Does it make sense to lite a candle? It's been almost a week now, and FDNY still does not have fire report. it normally takes them 24 hours. They're leaning on candle, but residents say differently. I sense a coverup.