Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Pelican makes surprise stop at Riis Park

From City Birder:

It was about 12:55pm and I was drying off after taking a swim. My back was to the water, when Robin exclaimed, "Is that a pelican?" I turned around and, sure enough, a Brown Pelican was cruising in from the west a short distance from shore and just above the waves. It turned right, then came to rest in the water about 100 yards from shore. I was astounded. What the heck was a Brown Pelican doing at a New York City beach?!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is here to get mayor bloomturd!

Anonymous said...

He is replacing the Geese that Bloomberg killed. More will Follow.

ew-3 said...

delightful swimming hole you have there
/s

Taxpayer said...

For a moment I though the story was about our late council member Anthony No Neck Big House Como.

Can you imagine that pelican flying in wearing a bathing suit?

Gaaa!

Anonymous said...

what's jeff wilpon doing at riis park?