From the Daily News:
In his FY2010 budget proposal, Mayor Bloomberg is providing details of the latest round of agency "gap closing actions" he ordered in December that are expected to save the city close to $1 billion.
- Reducing of the NYPD uniform headcount by 1,000 (-$48.9 million).
- Elimination of companies in dual-company fire houses or axing the fifth firefighter on 64 engines (-$17 million).
- Increasing rates for single-space parking meters (+$16.8 million).
- Cutting 30 basic life support ambulance tours (-$3.3 million).
- Eliminating 549 child welfare positions (-$15.5 million).
- Reducing "low priority" child care services and foster care boarding home rates (-$12.8 million).
- Cutting 167 seasonal aides at city parks (-$5.6 million).
- Reducing the city subsidy for libraries by 7 percent (-$20.1 million).
- Reducing senior center funding by 5 percent (-$5.3 million).