Councilman Tony Avella and staff from St. John's Queens and Mary Immaculate Hospitals will hold a press conference tomorrow at City Hall at 12 noon. The following is footage from Saturday's rally at St. John's:
"KEEP US OPEN!"
Myrna Bailey, Administrative Director of Clinical Services
Councilman Tony Avella
State Senator Shirley Huntley
Assemblyman Michael DenDekker
Comptroller William Thompson
Assemblywoman Marge Markey
State Senator Toby Stavisky
Dr. John Denton, Director of Medical Education
Videos by nutrichris on YouTube.
So I can't help but wonder as I look at these videos and yesterday's photos:
- Where was Public Advocate Betsy Gotbaum? Early retirement?
- Where were Public Advocate candidates and current council members Eric Gioia and John Liu? Both represent Queens but apparently only "certain" people.
- Where was Borough President Helen Marshall who made a point about keeping these hospitals open during her State of the Borough speech? When you have no primary or general election opposition to worry about, this is what happens, I guess.
- Where were Community Affairs Unit Commissioner Nazli Parvizi and Queens Community Affairs Unit Director Jennifer Manley? Harassing another community group somewhere?
- Where was City Planning Commissioner Amanda Burden? Trying to figure out how many condos can be squeezed into this space after the hospital closes?
- Where was Councilwoman Melinda Katz, whose district utilizes this hospital? Hosting a fundraiser for developers with eyes on this property?
- Two mayoral candidates showed up and a third sent a representative. Where was Mayor Bloomberg? Keeping his ass warm in Bermuda?
Shame on all of you.