The five BPs in the city got together at Junior’s restaurant for a summit to discuss “keeping or doing away with term limits, the City budget, mayoral control over public schools and budget cuts at the Department for the Aging (DFTA).
Other topics on the agenda:
- Deputy Borough Presidents: Why the hell are they necessary?
- New techniques in supermarket ribbon cutting
- How to intimidate a community board
- Cheerleading for unpopular megadevelopment projects
- Ways to hollow out neighborhoods without folks noticing
- Political patronage job creation
- Shutting people up via discretionary funding
- So little to do, so much time
- Donald Manes: As bad as they say or just misunderstood?