Sunday, April 6, 2008

Never trust a man with a mustache

I don't know why the NY Post decided to make one of their decent reporters write about his own facial hair. But it did reveal something interesting:

The ladies' reaction was instantaneous. Their eyes fixated on my mouth. Their smiles disappeared faster than you can say "mustache." I could almost see the mental fireworks going off in their minds. "Psycho! Criminal! Pervert!" They drove off into the night without looking back. The fate of my 'stache was further sealed during a Sunday visit to my 84-year-old Grandma Adele. As she put it, "The next time you come here, that s - - t had better be off your face."

I wonder if his Grandma Adele is from Queens, because she sounds a lot like my grandma - not into the facial hair at all. Long hair on boys really bothers her, too. That is, until a certain nagged-to-death grandchild of hers came home one day with his head shaved bald...

7 comments:

georgetheatheist said...

"He that hath a beard is more than a youth; and he that hath no beard is less than a man." - Shakespeare (Much Ado About Nothing)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like George is sporting some facial hair.

Anonymous said...

Mustaches? Well, LLKH.

Ladies Love Keith Hernandez.

Silverman emailed me once to check on a story and I asked him if his middle name was really Rocket. He said it was.

www.forgotten-ny.com

Anonymous said...

I'd take a ride on the Rocket, mustache or not.

Anonymous said...

there's a Daffy Duck cartoon where he draws mustaches on everybody. To combat the situation the US War Dept is called in.

Anonymous said...

I'd do Daffy Duck, too.

Anonymous said...

you got me laughing with that one, trixie, gotta admit :)