Friday, April 17, 2009
M1-1D does not equal R6
Dear Scott and Tommy,
With regards to your West Maspeth property:
We're still keeping an eye on this site. Let me remind you of a few things.
1) The zoning for this site is M1-1D, not R6. The only thing that may be built here "as of right" is a high performance factory, warehouse or other non-polluting commercial facility.
2) You are well aware that you cannot build homes on this property without a zoning change because of the presence of a hazard (a lumber yard) on the other side of the railroad tracks.
3) You withdrew your rezoning application to make it R5B in 2007.
4) False advertising is illegal.
5) You bought this property for $6.5M at an overinflated price at the height of the real estate bubble and if you think you are selling it now for $9M you must be smoking crack.