Saturday, April 25, 2009

IDT still at it

Hello NY papers/sites/bloggers,

I've read articles on your websites about problems NYers are having with IDT, so I wanted to share a letter I wrote to IDT and a video I took of the IDT workers who refused to leave. - D

On Wednesday, 4/15/09, after being asked to leave, your IDT Agents refused to leave my building, located at [West Harlem address here]. They remained in the building after over 25 minutes of being asked to leave, even though I clarified I was an owner. They also refused to stop bothering my elderly neighbors, after being asked to do so. Additionally they refused to give me a phone number or phone numbers to allow me to call a supervisor to assist in asking them to leave. Then I took out my video camera.

There were two female agents, once wore a pink shirt under her coat and the other a gray beret. The agent in the pink shirt said her brother was her boss and he wouldn't like it if she gave out his phone number, nor could I use her phone and use her minutes. (I offered her $5 to use her phone, but that offer was refused.) Your agents stated I could not make them leave even if I was an owner in the building because someone on the 4th floor buzzed them in. I said if they are guests of that person, they are now out of their apartment, so they need to leave my building. The girl in the beret said something like: Oh it’s your building, yeah right. And I clarified again, that I am an owner in the building and I want them to leave immediately. They said that the last building they were just in someone also called the police and that the police came and said they were allowed to be there. That of course is not true.

After asking the agents to leave for over 10 minutes, I called my super at 1:29pm hoping a man's presence would convince the agents to leave but he was not available. I then called IDT at 1:37pm @877-887-6866 and they said they could not call off their agents, and that I'd have to call the police. At 1:41pm I called 311 who transferred me to 911 because your agents were trespassing.

They continued door-to-door and I told each neighbor I saw that I have asked these agents to leave and that I called the police. One agent had already convinced my elderly neighbor to bring them their Con Ed bill and I also told that neighbor I had called the police.

Your agents pretended they called the police to report me and then they began knocking on doors on my first floor, and that is when I went to get my video camera. When officers from the 30th Precinct arrived they said they had received my call but had not received a call from your agents.

Here is the video that I put on youtube, as you will see, per request of your agent Sheena Burkett #6706306.



So far I've submitted it to Channel 7("7 on Your Side"), Fox ("Shame, Shame, Shame"), The Consumerist, The Gothamist, Curbed, NYC bloggers/websites (if they have articles about problems with your agents), and the NYS Public Service Commission.

Under § 140.05 of the New York Penal Law, "[a] person is guilty of trespass when he knowingly enters or remains unlawfully in or upon premises."

If indeed these are legitimate agents from your company, they have not represented you well. This is the third time in a few weeks your agents have entered my building and have gone to door-to-door. Please stop sending your agents to Harlem.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scamming cunt.

Anonymous said...

I am a victim of this. I have to get my company changed back.

In the meantime, since the girls are on camera freely giving their names and obviously trespassing, perhaps the DA should follow up.

I worked in sales, and salespeople have to be aggressive, but if I was ever asked to leave, I would apologize for the inconvenience and leave.

They could have just gone to another building. These antics will get them fired at least, and possibly prosecuted. I could imagine older people being afraid of these punks.

Perhaps the building owner should post "no trespassing" and "no soliciting" signs to put herself on more solid ground for having them arrested next time.

Anonymous said...

THOSE LITTLE BITCHES SHOULD BE LOCKED UP ON RIKERS WHERE THEY CAN TELL SOME DIKE BUCTH ABOUT IDT.

Linda said...

This company is the most annoying and someone needs to stop them from harrassing people. My cousin in whitestone had words at her home and the young girl was a bitch too. I've received phone calls everyday from this company, which i screamed at the girl if you call here one more time I'm going to put my hand through the phone and smack you, don't fxxking call here again, which they haven't. Why doesn't the city do more about shutting down this company? Hey Bloomass do something for a change.

Anonymous said...

Throw these lowlifes in JAIL!!!!!

Cristian Knight said...

They have been harassing the tenants and my parents of my building as well over here.

Anonymous said...

Who or what is IDT?

Anonymous said...

IDT is an energy sales company. They try to get you to replace Con Ed or whoever sells you electricity with them.

Unknown said...

I got a interesting video of this same individual lmao i think she wants to be a star!!!