Thursday, September 4, 2008

Now that's some serious squash!

A Queens woman has taken homegrown fruits and vegetables to a whole new level by cultivating a 6-foot-long zucchini in her backyard.

Woman in 'shock' over giant zucchini

Green-fingered Apollonia Castitlione grew the giant Long Italian zucchini during the warm summer months using nothing more than fertilizer, water and a little TLC.

"There's no secret, I guess it was just luck," said Castitlione, who lives in Glendale, Queens.

"I went to look at it one day and was like, 'It's a little long,' then a few days later, I said, 'Oh, my God, what's this?'


Let's introduce her to the Staten Island guy with the 2 giant cabbages. Oh boy, can you imagine the naughty vegetable jokes if those 2 got together?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the squash can run in the district 30 election this fall as in independent.

I bet he's a lot smarter than the other two vegetables running.

Anonymous said...

The Zucchini would split the Italian vote with Como. Although I think it might come out on top because Italians love their food.

Anonymous said...

The Zucchini wouldn't stand a chance because Como would eat it before the election.

Anonymous said...

I bet it would be involved in a sex scandal with Dizzy Lizzy.

Anonymous said...

"The Zucchini would split the Italian vote with Como. Although I think it might come out on top because Italians love their food.

The Zucchini wouldn't stand a chance because Como would eat it before the election.

I bet it would be involved in a sex scandal with Dizzy Lizzy."


ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

Peter M said...

This is not a zucchini but an edible gourd. Many Italian's grow these (Cucuzzi)in their yards every year.

Anonymous said...

They say you can’t eat the big one but I do. (the seeds get to big)
I have these things as well as 40 Tomato and cucumber plants.

(I refuse to eat supermarket junk..it tastes horrible and is picked by who knows what grown in pig runoff south of the border !)

I make this thing kinda like Eggplant parm without all the prep, bitterness and calories


You skin Cucuzzi's then slice them sideways 1/2 in thick, till you get to the seeds. Then microwave till cooked.

Place in a baking tray add Pope Tomato Puree, sweet basil, Parm & and layer of low moisture mozzarella cheese

Broil till cheese is melted &bubbling just starting to burn.
You can eat it like lasagna or slide the whole thing over a split loaf of cooked garlic bread.

Serve with a Glass of cheap red wine.
(I actually prefer the cheap Gallo jug wine)

-Joe

Anonymous said...

Hey, you're all missing the obvious.

The woman is quite the Milf!

Anonymous said...

Calm down, Dennis.