Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Lynn Nunes concedes to Thomas White, Jr.

"Over the past year my campaign and I have been working tirelessly with one goal in mind- to better the community and improve the lives of the residents in this district and our great city. Our Campaign has worked from the very beginning, understanding that bettering the lives of the people in this district is the ultimate achievement.

As our campaign comes to a close, our motivation and purpose is still here. With the best interest of my community in mind, I have decided this race has come to an end and I would like to congratulate Thomas White Jr. and extend a hand to help turn this community into the best it can be. I have spoken to thousands of people over the course of this campaign and I promise to still fight for our causes and always be available to help.

These are difficult times for our community, city, and state; and I pledge to our councilman to do all in my power to help him lead us through the many challenges we face. I urge all residents of the community who supported me to join me in not just congratulating him, but offering our Councilman our support and effort to find ways to come together, to find common ground, and to work in good faith. We must work together to help restore our community’s character against over development, improve schools by reducing class sizes, and protect our seniors from cuts in funding.

Again, I would like to thank everyone who has worked with me and helped our campaign over this great journey."

Sincerely,

Lynn Nunes

No comments: