The Department of City Planning is proposing to rezone a section of southern Forest Hills to protect its lower-density residential character.
Forest Hills Councilwoman Melinda Katz requested a rezoning study that led to the formalized proposal.
City Contemplates Rezoning Forty Blocks Of Forest Hills
About 80 percent of the houses are one- and two-family homes, and the other 20 percent are attached brick houses and a few large homes.
The zoning changes have been in the works for more than 10 years. Since the zoning maps were computerized, there has been a rush of rezoning.
Map from City Planning via Queens Chronicle