Friday, October 15, 2010

Tree contractor asleep on the job

Dear Queens Crap,

I live in Kew Gardens Hills. I came home from work today around 2:30PM, and found two city tree removal contractor trucks (allegedly removing trees from last month's storm) sitting on my block, taking up lots of parking along the street, blocking the turn loop at the dead end, and idling their trucks. The workers were sleeping quite soundly in their trucks. My wife tells me that they've been out there idling and napping since at least 1PM. My next door neighbor said they've been doing this for the last two days.

Here's some pictures I took.

The worst part is that there really aren't any trees left to clean up in this area, because the co-op I live in had most of them removed weeks ago.

And people wonder why the city and state are broke.

Regards,

The Mighty Omega

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just great.... Benepe and Bloomberg should be proud. Glad their names are plastered to the trucks. They deserve this kind of publicity.

The Mighty Omega said...

And of course at 3PM on the dot they packed up and vanished. In the mean time, the private tree crew hired by the co-op has been quite busy pruning, cutting, and removing stumps.

Anonymous said...

I hope this was forwarded to their company and whichever agency was contracting them.

Anonymous said...

I saw a truck from a different tree company taking a nice long break in front of my neighbor's house in Flushing North last week.

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes. Those honest, blue-collar workers. Such a tough life they have. They should get all the pity that they are always asking for.

Anonymous said...

I would be appalled, except that I'm at my white collar job right now reading Queens Crap.

Anonymous said...

Your tax dollars at work! There, now don't you feel better?

Anonymous said...

Maybe they had already FINISHED - BEFORE you showed up?

cherokeesista said...

Well they can Wake their Lazy Assess Up!!!! On Bowne st. Between Cherry Ave and 45th Ave there is a TREE that was cut down about 2wks ago and it's still laying there:( I wish I could get paid to Friggin Sleep;~)

Anonymous said...

They're just checking their eyelids for cracks.

Anonymous said...

Thats funny they left at 3 because we worked untill 7. I was one of the foremans on that job myself and the other foreman were walking up and down the blocks lining our next jobs up. If you ignorant sellfish people new we spent 21 days away from home working 12 hour days straight you might have a little sympathy. So if my groundmen wanted to take a rest that was fine by me. We were there to make your town safe we might have prevented an accident that could have happened to one of your children or grandchildren. We had one of our men injured pretty badly up there. So thanx alot for all the critisim