
NY Post
White House officials sprung into action on Monday after receiving an “SOS” email from the NYPD begging for protective equipment — delivering the frontline gear just 16 hours later, The Post has learned.
In a mission dubbed “Operation Blue Bloods,” President Donald Trump’s equipment czar Peter Navarro, Assistant to the President for Trade and Manufacturing Policy, cobbled together a rapid-response team including company executives who flew thousands of full-body suits on a private plane the next day.
More than 6,000 gallons of hand sanitizer donated by alcohol company Pernod Ricard were also rushed from Arizona by a USPS trucker in 48 hours.
With a mounting number of bodies left in the wake of the coronavirus outbreak, reports have emerged of homicide detectives being forced to make house calls without the correct protective equipment — potentially exposing them to the virus.
A desperate email from NYPD Chief of Department Terence Monahan asking for gear to protect Big Apple Finest — of whom more than 1,400 have tested positive for COVID-19 — landed in Navarro’s inbox on Monday, he said.
After being named the national Defense Production Act coordinator last week, Navarro called on executives at defense companies Raytheon and General Dynamics, and Pernod Richard, to step up.
I just want to add one more thing to this post.
Navarro said the mission was an example of private companies heeding the call during the pandemic which has so far infected more than 216,000 people in the U.S. and killed over 5,100, according to Johns Hopkins University.
“What we’ve been trying to do under President Trump’s leadership is to wed the full force of federal government with the full power of private enterprise,” he said.
Is the Trump administration acknowledging...socialism???