Sunday, June 14, 2015
Authorities seek Queens bank robber
NYPD detectives and FBI agents are hunting a prolific, armed robber who they say has ripped off at least 12 banks in Queens.
According to the FBI-NYPD Joint Violent Crime Task Force, he often wears a collared shirt and baseball cap, and passes the teller a note demanding cash. During at least five of the robberies he has pulled up his shirt to show a handgun tucked into his waistband.
The last time he struck was in December 2014, when cops say he stole cash from the Chase bank at 74-04 Elliot Avenue. Officials say he has been mainly hitting banks in and around the Jackson Heights, East Elmhurst and Astoria.
• Chase Bank, located at 60-67 Myrtle Avenue, Ridgewood, NY, on December 6, 2014;
• Chase Bank, located at 69-55 Grand Avenue, Queens, NY, on October 4, 2014;
• Dime Savings Bank of Willamsburgh, 75-23 37th Avenue, Jackson Heights, NY, on August 30, 2014;
• Chase Bank, located at 47-11 Queens Boulevard, Sunnyside, NY on July 25, 2014;
• Santander (attempt), located at 89-01 Northern Boulevard, Jackson Heights, NY, on July 22, 2014;
• Chase Bank, located at 77-01 31st Avenue, East Elmhurst, NY, on June 7, 2014.