KEEP IT COMING!!!
From the Daily News:
The death of an immigrant worker at a Queens construction site last week capped decades of shoddy - and shady - development by one of the city's most notorious builders.
By the time the 20-foot-high concrete wall collapsed on Hedilberto Sanchez on Jan. 10, developer Thomas Huang and companies he owns or uses had racked up 20 hazardous building-code violations and $42,000 in unpaid fines at the Queens Blvd. site in Elmhurst.
The latest debacle is just one of dozens of projects that earned Huang, 57, and his family a reputation for building quick and cheap, ignoring building codes and flouting zoning regulations.
Over the years, he's been excoriated by elected officials and local activists, and he and his companies have been sued repeatedly for damaging neighboring properties.
"Tommy Huang should be behind bars, and his family and his companies should all be prohibited from doing construction in New York forever," said state Sen. Tony Avella (D-Bayside), who has battled the developer for a decade.
Still, Huang continues to build.
Spokesman Tony Sclafani said the department has no authority to deny or revoke permits based on previous safety violations or unpaid fines.
Still, he said the agency is considering referring the Queens Blvd. case to the Queens district attorney. Huang's lawyer, Gerard Misk, declined to comment.