Friday, May 7, 2010

Assembly candidate ends campaign

Statement from Lilianna Zulunova:

“As some of you know, on May 3 I got married to Rabbi Emanuel Yelizarov. This is an exciting time for my family and me. It’s with this in mind that I have decided to put my family first and end my campaign. My obligations as a wife, and eventually as a mother, give me certainty that this is the right decision for me at this time.

“I thank everyone who supported my campaign, who volunteered, who gave what they could give to the cause. I will always remember the look in the eyes of people who are desperate for change, for reform, for leaders who understand them and will fight for them. This passion and support kept me strong during the campaign and will stay with me in the next stage of my life.

“But the next campaign has already begun. I still have a passion for public service. I still yearn to serve my neighbors and my community. And I will still devote my time to giving back to Queens and the neighborhoods that have given me so much.”

Lilianna Zulunova (D-Forest Hills) was a candidate for State Assembly in the 28th District, which includes all or parts of Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Middle Village, Glendale and Maspeth.

(Actually, it doesn't include any of Maspeth.)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice boobs...lucky guy

Anonymous said...

actually it does include parts of maspeth

Queens Crapper said...

The assembly's own district map shows it doesn't.

So explain how it does.

Anonymous said...

Karen Koslowitz also thinks she has part of Maspeth in her district when she doesn't...

Time to get with the last decade's redistricting before the next one comes along.

Anonymous said...

Nice boobs..... keep the dairy and the beef seperate.

Anonymous said...

And the Hevesi dynasty lives on.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, she'll be back. Lilianna just chose to focus on her family and have kids first, and I respect that. However, New York has not heard the last of Lilianna Zulunova. Future Senator for sure!!

Anonymous said...

Surely she knew that she was getting married and would want children before she announced that she would be running. She makes major life decisions and then changes her mind a few months later? Sounds like a poor choice for a candidate.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, she'll have a big future in Queens Democrat politics. She's already mastered the art of registering dead people to vote.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/item_GmqsDnq3aXpKKgEtY1lXGK

Anonymous said...

First of all, just because some Soviet immigrants put down the wrong social security number because they were afraid of getting arrested like they would back in their country, that does not make it Zulunova's fault.

Second of all, I am sure she was really thinking about running while becoming a mother and a wife. It must not be that easy to campaign while you're pregnant. I think that she is doing a great job by first wanting kids. And this campaign was not for nothing. At least her name is better known to New York.