Friday, March 14, 2008

LIC dodges a bullet

Where can I find/buy/build the light-industrial warehouse bat cave I want to build out for my new wife and myself -- and hopefully soon, our brood. I'm thinking big garage door(s)... 2-3 stories, mostly empty on ground floor for workshop/rock-out-space... with one or more Rocio Romero pre-fab boxypod stacked on the roof. See attached rough sketch I made last year based on an LIC building. But LIC now seems totally fucked from a RE value perspective, with all these condos popping up everywhere. Where do you think I can do a project like this in NYC on the cheap-ish? While still being on a major subway line for daily commute, and in a neighborhood one can live in, safely and ideally quietly, with wife and kids etc.

Ask Curbed: Where Can I Build This?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems as if a flying saucer landed from outer space. HELP!

Anonymous said...

I've seen better built bee hives!
Oh well.....if you want to be a high class drone.....
this is the place for you!

Better amenities are offered in cemeteries!
(And the landscaping is far more superior there too).

Anonymous said...

Cleveland

Anonymous said...

This is hilariously frightening.

Anonymous said...

Here it is..."Future Crap" coning soon to your neighborhood!! Your balconies are totally illegal. Where did you go to school ?? Scarano & Huang University !!!!

Anonymous said...

I live in the building shown to the left of this horrorshow.

Pray for me and my fellow residents--now you see why I prefer to be a drunk LICer (hic!).