Friday, June 20, 2008

"Only the little people use MetroCards"

In one of those believe-it-or-not moments, a top MTA honcho admitted Wednesday he wouldn't use authority trains if he couldn't ride for free, sources said.

MTA honcho: Why ride if it's not free?

"Why should I ride and inconvenience myself when I can ride in a car?" asked David Mack, vice chairman of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority board, according to sources who overheard his comments at MTA headquarters.

The wealthy Long Island developer also suggested the MTA tosses complaints from the general public into the trash can - but takes corrective action when he calls with a gripe, observers said.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

None of this is true because Commissar Death & Taxes is throwing another tantrum to reinstate the congestion tax so that we will all use the vastly decrepit and vastly overpriced mass transit so he can drive around Manhattan without seeing any of us.

Mass transit is vastly overpriced because these kinds of wealthy welfare freeloaders have no competence to operate the system. Too boring. Something only "little people" do.

Anonymous said...

"Why should I ride and inconvenience myself when I can ride in a car?" UNBELIEVEABLE! This is the kind of person running our public transit system? Will someone please do something about this? I read this morning that he "apologized" for his bone-head remarks, but he said it and can't take it back.

Anonymous said...

Grade A greaseball.

Post his L.I. address so I can pee in his gastank.

Anonymous said...

Be honest. HE's being honest. Would you, for one second, want to ride the bus/subway as opposed to having your ass carted around by a driver?

Honest he is. Stupid, too.