Friday, June 5, 2009

Tenant sues affordable housing church group

From the Daily News:

Frederick Jones says he has endured years of harassment and neglect at the hands of a church-affiliated nonprofit group that bought the Jamaica, Queens, building where he lives.

But when the roof of his rent-regulated apartment caved in, Jones said, he'd had enough.

He recently filed a lawsuit against the city and Allen Affordable Housing Development Fund Corp. to get them to make desperately needed repairs to the building at 107-05 Sutphin Blvd.

"They allowed this to deteriorate to convince me to move," said Jones, 50, who has lived there for 16 years. "They have an agenda."


Another member of the Ceiling on My Head Party!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you stepped on my line. I am the founding member of the Ceiling on My Head party.

Let that man know that I am doing a website for my website design class on this exact subject, and I will be sure to add a link to his story just for him today.

I am not ready for primetime yet, but I will make sure that a classful of aspiring designers has his story to refer to.

Lady whose living room ceiling kissed her living room floor.

Anonymous said...

H-m-m-m..."Allen"!

Isn't that Rev. Floyd Flake's "church"?

Jive turkey!

Anonymous said...

wow, crapper your too funny! now they can join a group :)