Saturday, November 13, 2010

Bellerose boy saves family from fire


He learned fire safety from his teacher!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Safe bet this plumber was unlicensed and uninsured. Now they lost everything, smart kid.

Anonymous said...

I went to PS 133. Great work Siam.

Anonymous said...

Aw come-on Crap!

Your blog is getting stale. If I wanted to see this I would watch Channel 2 - some real hard hitting stuff there.

How about posting some other stuff we know you are holding back ....

Queens Crapper said...

I have no idea what you think I am "holding back". Maybe I'll shut the blog down since you think it's stale and it takes up too much of my time.

Roger said...

Or focus on "Queens crap" instead of pointless reposts.

Queens Crapper said...

What's pointless about it? There were repairs done to the home and then it went on fire. The kid put into practice what he learned in a NYC public school to save his family. Contractors, repairs, fires, schools are all something covered on this blog from time to time.

Also, once in awhile, people like to hear good news because it gives them pride in their neighborhood and their neighbors.

In other words, if you don't like it, leave.

Patrick Sweeney said...

I applaud QC for posting this, because there's more than a "heroic five year old" angle to this story. Of course this should be the lead, but there are questions that weren't asked:

1. Wasn't it irresponsible for the plumber/plumbers to "run off" without letting the residents of the house know they set fire to it?

2. What exactly do plumbers do that can start a fire? I thought pipes were threaded and not welded.

Queens Teacher said...

TEACHERS ROCK!!!!

georgetheatheist said...

Michelle Charlesworth is just about the most cloying reporter I have ever seen on the boob tube. Begging for hugs for the camera, high-fiving the kid. What did the kid do that was so great? He screamed his head off. He loint dat in skrool?

georgetheatheist said...

At least Lassie could save unconscious Gramps by pulling him down the stairs and out the door.

Anonymous said...

Bellrose (sic) Perhaps it's time ABC learned to spell neighborhood names right. Better yet, how about hiring locals, instead of Midwestern transplants?

Astorians.com Not! said...

Crappy said:

In other words, if you don't like it, leave.
----

ahh, feels like home!

Anonymous said...

What exactly do plumbers do that can start a fire? I thought pipes were threaded and not welded.
--

copper pipes, sheet metal, gutters, etc are often soldered with a blow torch.

and yes, crap is toning it down lately simply reposting main stream news without comment more and more rather than going after politicans and developers with brilliant scatheing insight like the old days.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Crapper, when was the last time you did one of your Photoshop masterpieces (like you did with Pinky)?

Queens Crapper said...

When I posted about the Vallones having a building named after them.

I guess some people have selective memory and must have things their way.

If you don't like the way this blog is handled, maybe you should start your own. I've said this from the very beginning, yet instead of doing that, you're still here.

Anonymous said...

Great kid - good example as a hero to lives to all children.

Fire Marshalls should go after the plumber or individual who probably was using a torch to solder a fitting.