Sunday, November 2, 2014
An old farm in Bayside
Bayside, Long Island 1928. On Bell Blvd Existed The Home And Farm Of Charles G Meyer. (Bayside began its course of development from an agricultural community to a suburb when the North Shore Railroad was extended in 1866. During the following several decades, the Bayside Land Association purchased farms for development. Bay Terrace, originally included within the bounds of Bayside, remained composed of farms and large estates until the 1950s, when Cord and Charles Meyer sold their 225-acre (0.91 km2) farm for development.
In 1952, residential development of Bay Terrace Sections began and continued into the mid-1960s. Commercial development also began in the 1950s, in the form of "The Bay Terrace at Bayside Shopping Center".