Thursday, September 17, 2009

Gallagher accused of threatening to kill poll worker

The following is an excerpt of a complaint filed with the 104th Precinct against former Councilman Dennis Gallagher:

"On September 15th I was at Lutheran Church on the official business of being a certified Poll Watcher (pursuant to provisions of Section 8-500 of the Election Laws of the State of New York), on behalf of City Council candidate Michael Cohen.

At approximately 9:15 PM at the Trinity Lutheran Church – in use as a primary election polling site – Dennis Gallagher pushed past me while saying, “get out of my way, you f---ing jerk.” Once in front of me, he then turned his face to me and we had a “staring contest”.

Gallagher had me squeezed between himself and a chair or table behind me. I felt very threatened. I know Gallagher, his criminal history, and consider him to be dangerous.

So, I said to him: “Get your f---ing face out of my face.”

He continued his threatening stare for a moment or so, and then moved away. Whereupon he called back to me that he was going to kill me.

City Council Candidate Tom Ognibene was present and helped remove Gallagher from the site. I do now know what he witnessed.

I am filing this statement as a formal criminal complaint against Dennis Gallagher, and will testify under oath against him at any subsequent proceeding." - Robert Doocey

Why were Dennis Gallagher and Tom Ognibene at a poll site together on primary day after the polls closed?

Was it to watch Rick Metzger Jay Golub get his ass kicked by Bart Haggerty?

FOLLOW-UP:

"Inspector Green,

I've been calling [the precinct] repeatedly for more then 90 minutes with many rings but no answer.

Finally, twice, starting at about 11:20AM, the phone was answered with "104 precinct ~~~ PA ~~~" as the greeting. I responded that I was calling to obtain the complaint # for a complaint I made yesterday.

Then the phone was dead.

After some time on a dead line, the PA spoke again.

The end result?

No handwritten report was submitted for the PA to enter into the computer, therefore, no complaint #.

This is unacceptable.

The two women officers arrived at my house on September 16 at approx. 11AM in response to my 911 call to enter the complaint. They handwrote a report on a form that I saw, and told me to call the above number today to get the complaint #.

Dennis Gallagher, a criminal, made a death threat to me in front of several witnesses - including the officer from the 104th Precinct on duty at Trinity Lutheran Church.

I want to pursue this complaint. Gallagher is a vindictive, violent criminal who must be put under control.

Please have the two officers submit the report they made so I can get the complaint # and pursue the matter.

I've attached the document I provided to the officers. It was signed. This has only my typewritten signature. If necessary, I will sign it and fax it to you."

Robert Doocey

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Metzger bowed out in June and was replaced by some no name called Goloup. Gallagher collected signatures and ran a get out the vote operation for Goloup, while Ognibene backed Haggerty. Ognibene was there on Haggerty's behalf. Gallagher was there for Goloup.

Anonymous said...

THANKS D.A BROWN FOR LETTING THE MAD DOG LOOSE.

Anonymous said...

Working at the polls in Queens is getting more dangerous than working in the polls in Iraq. These two and Albert Cohen's campaign manager and her accomping bully attacking us in our district.

Crooks sure get mean when they lose their territory. Reminds me of the drug cartels.

Anonymous said...

What a dick,a real tough guy........alcohol is not your friend.THis council district is fucked!

Queens Crapper said...

Ah, thanks for clarifying that, anonymous.

I believe his name is Jay Golub.

I forgot that I had mentioned Gallagher's involvement in the race back in July.

I wish it had been Metzger, though.

Anonymous said...

This guy Doocey is actually wasting the NYPD's time with a criminal complaint because these two guys cursed at each other? The Juniper Civic is its own worst enemy.

Taxpayer said...

I actually thought that this drunk little misogynist and granny fondler was gone.

I forgot about that mention in July.

How did this turd ever qualify to be a poll worker? I thought a clean criminal record would be required?

Why is the Republican Party allowing itself any association with this granny assaulter?

Every political group has some sociopaths on the payroll to do the ugly dirty work. Is this sex offender on the Commissar's payroll to perform whatever criminal jobs will clear the way for his own criminal third term?

Has Ragusa and/or his sidekick Maltese (and Como) spent any taxpayer money to pay this convicted and confessed sex criminal? Why do they persist in associating with him?

Why did DA Brown allow this sewer dweller off to walk the streets and continue his criminal career? What was the deal?

Who is now pursuing this complaint? The police? The DA? The US Attorney?

Anonymous said...

Each polling site is supposed to have a cop on duty. Where was the cop who was assigned at the Lutheran Church and what, if anything, did they see or hear?

Anonymous said...

I am a pollworker who works with 3 tough regulars all of whom are ready to brawl. If anyone assaults me my friends will jump in and the cops won't be necessary--only a dustpan to put his pieces in the garbage when we are through.

So far we have had rapists, women beaters, liars and thieves serving us. It is worse than during the civil war when people were being caned on the Senate floor.

Anonymous said...

First a convicted rapist (let off easy) now escalating his "sterling" career up to becoming a potential killer?

This sociopath needs confinement in a luney bin!

Is he still drinking in violation of his probation?

Next time I work at the polls I'm going to wear a"Kevlar" jump suit.

Anonymous said...

Hey...DA "midget Dickie" Brown is an officer of the court and gets to carry a gun for protection.

What have the rest of us citizens got to protect ourselves against cuckoos like Gallagher?

Taxpayer said...

Anonymous Gallagher said:
"This guy Doocey is actually wasting the NYPD's time with a criminal complaint because these two guys cursed at each other? The Juniper Civic is its own worst enemy."

- - -

I just read and re-read the complaint by Mr. Doocey.

Where does it mention the Juniper Park Civic Association?

Answer: It doesn't.

Referring to the convicted and confessed sexual predator, Doocey said: "he [the pervert] called back to me that he was going to kill me."

Sensible people call that a threat. Gallagher calls it cursing at each other. A death threat is a crime. Crime must be reported to the police. So, it certainly is not wasting the police' time to report a crime by a convicted, violent sexual predator.

Now we know why Gallagher is a convicted sexual predator.

Anonymous said...

If Gallagher was locked up like he should have been, he wouldn't be around to wreak havoc on the public. Shame on our District Attorney Richard Brown for giving this little sexual predator a sweet deal. I just don't think Gallagher got the message that he's washed up in politics and should just fade into the sunset. He's not wanted here!

Anonymous said...

Now we know that Taxpayer and Doocey are in favor of wasting the NYPD's time with petty nonsense. Were there any witnesses to this altercation?

Queens Crapper said...

I guess you didn't read the follow up.

I also left a good portion of the statement out because it names innocent bystanders who may not want to get mixed up with Gallagher.

Anonymous said...

Threatening to kill someone IS a crime, and with this perp's pattern of past behavior, the NYPD should be keeping close tabs on him.

Anonymous said...

Send a copy of your letter to every newspaper in NYC.

Anonymous said...

In the old days, these types of issues would be handled between the two people involved. Cops would never be called. Men would be men! Sometimes the instigator is the one who gets in trouble?

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, i don't think I would believe anything that Ognibene has to say or would take sides on. Couldn't you find a better witness?

Anonymous said...

Why don't you just stop by the precinct and pick up the complaint number like everyone else does?

Anonymous said...

Is this the Haggerty that used to teach at Mercy?

Anonymous said...

While reading this article, I noticed the right hand column that speaks about Councilmembers who voted yes to the term limit extension? Why is Anthony Como, who isn't a councilmember anymore,listed if he voted no? If you want to list all votes on the referendum,list it correctly and seperately by each member. The same with the parkside question-the statement is who used them, not if someone used them and dumped them. The bias almost hits us in the face. Compare apples to apples! Thanks

Taxpayer said...

Anonymous said...
"While reading this article, I noticed the right hand column that speaks about Councilmembers who voted yes to the term limit extension? Why is Anthony Como, who isn't a councilmember anymore,listed if he voted no? If you want to list all votes on the referendum,list it correctly and seperately by each member. The same with the parkside question-the statement is who used them, not if someone used them and dumped them. The bias almost hits us in the face. Compare apples to apples! Thanks"

- - -

Como, who must be prevented from holding ANY office ever again, voted "no" to extending term limits, only after begging permission from Quinn to do so in order to save a seat for his fat ass. If the vote were closer, Como would have voted "yes". That's because he was representing the Commissar and Quinn, not the constituents who put him on their payroll.

The Parkside question used the same logic. Dumping them was after the bad publicity struck for having used them from the beginning. No such thing as "a little pregnant".

Elected official must pay the price for all acts, not for attempting to escape the consequences after benefiting from the original act.

How's them apples?

Anonymous said...

Men should be men ... but not when they are politicians, they resort to nonsense. Two liquored up old men making fools of themselves.... again and again and again....

ceiling on my head lady said...

When powerful people are concerned, complaint numbers can disappear. I had that experience after my connected landlord illicitly disconnected the phone service of me and three other tenants in our "empty" apartments where we had all lived for the last 20 years.

Taxpayer said...

ceiling on my head lady said...
"When powerful people are concerned, complaint numbers can disappear. I had that experience after my connected landlord illicitly disconnected the phone service of me and three other tenants in our "empty" apartments where we had all lived for the last 20 years."

- - -

That's why God created Internal Affairs and Blogs.