Friday, April 13, 2012

Atrium project on hold after tree massacre

From A Walk in the Park:

The atrium at Queens Borough Hall has been put "on hold" until an arborist report on the existing trees can be completed according to the Queens Borough President's office.

After the controversial news broke last week that the Department of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS) had destroyed at least nine seemingly healthy cherry trees the Queens Borough President's office requested that the atrium portion of the project be halted.

Officials from DCAS and the Queens Borough Hall met two days after the controversy came to light last week to discuss the issues and had a "frank and productive" meeting.

"The project is effectively stopped," said Dan Andrews, a spokesman for Borough President Helen Marshall said last Thursday, "We met with DCAS and asked them to do a study of the remaining trees in the back."

"We are waiting for the study."


Anonymous said...

Helen Marshall GUILTY of ARBORCIDE!

Anonymous said...

It's all a sham.

Gary the Agnostic said...

Sort of like locking the barn doors after the horses have escaped.

Anonymous said...

Tree murder, AGAIN, in NYC.

Helen Marshall, you will surely rot in hell for your incompetence and destruction of our once great borough. You TWEEDER, YOU!

Anonymous said...

Irving Poy, "No like tree".

Marshal is clueless about what goes on in "the hall" on a day to day basis.

Who do you think runs the "burro hall" show for the witless Helen?

Those civil service lifers,
Irving Poy and Alex Rosa...assisted by a few "A" hole underlings.