Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Carjacker foiled by petite woman

From the NY Post:

Anne Justima, 31, of Jackson Heights, was heading home at around 7:15 p.m. with her husband, Peter, 33, after working on their new restaurant, Tiny Thai, when a knife-wielding lug lumbered up to their black Volkswagen on Madison Avenue between East 71st and East 72nd streets.

"We stopped at the light, and he came right over," Peter recalled. "He was 6-foot, thin."

"Get out of the car!" the crook barked at Anne, who stands 5-foot-3 on her tiptoes.

The creep then forced down the window on the driver's side -- and stuck his long arm in the car.

"He used a knife to cut my hand" and then swiped Anne's iPhone, she said.

Things went from ugly to ridiculous by the time the light changed, the couple recalled -- and the would-be carjacker's luck ran out.

"I said, 'I'm OK -- I'm going to get out of the car, ' " Anne recalled, her hand stinging from the knife wound.

"She kicked him," her proud spouse reported.

But the best revenge was yet to come.

"I'm small -- he cannot fit in my car," she said.

"And I don't think he could drive the stick shift!"

So, stolen iPhone in hand and his tail between his legs, the driving-challenged car thief took off on foot.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hijack a large expensive car next time dummy. Might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb.

Not to mention the low-speed chase which would quickly be over if a Crown Vic with 8 cylinder engine and special police package breaks, shocks and fuel injection faced off against this German car.

What a shame she didn't do with my father did in a similar situation when a thief stuck his hand into the car to steal the changer.

He rolled the power window up on the man's arm and dragged him down the street while the passenger in the cab turned white.

He should thank God for that passenger or my pop would have floored the accelerator.

georgetheatheist said...

Reminds me of the time when I was driving in Manhattan and waiting for a green light on Delancey Street. I had my left arm comfortably leaning outside the car's window when a male black teenager sauntered in front of my car and stuck his cigarette in my arm. Ouch! That stung! It was definitely a racial thing (me being white). The light turned green, the cars behind started honking, and the son-of-a-bitch disappeared into the crowd of shoppers.

Jeff said...

Give him the car. He could just as easily have killed her.

Anonymous said...

Yea just give him the car. If she would have gotten shot in the head she would be dead. If you want to stand up for yourself and fight for your property you better prepapre for the worst (death).

Queens Crapper said...

He had a knife.

If she had a gun, he'd be dead!

Anonymous said...

A car is a good weapon too. Fast reflexes on the power-window switch combined with peeling away quickly and he would be the one-armed man.