Sunday, December 6, 2009

Bloomie doesn't pay up until NY1 gets after him

From NY1:

A few months ago, Manisha Narwani was sought out by the Bloomberg campaign to do a voice-over for the mayor's reelection campaign -- work for which she was never paid.

Narwani translated and voice-overed two campaign ads which aired on Indian Radio. She was supposed to be paid $1,000, or $500 per ad. That was two months ago and the full time student had yet to see a dime.

After repeated phone calls and emails to the Bloomberg camp went unanswered, Narwani reached out to "NY1 For You."

NY1 called the mayor's office to discuss Narwani's case and after looking into the matter they sent her a check for the $1,000 she was owed.

They also released the following statement: "We appreciate New York One's efforts to help us determine Ms. Narwani's address, so we could ensure that she was paid for her services."

3 comments:

Mayor Mike said...

I promised her that she would get my annual salary of a dollar per year. She'll paid in full by 3009 A.D. I should step down by then.

Taxpayer said...

The Commissar had to wait for the NY1 program to pay this woman?

He spent well over $100 Million plus multi-tens of millions of our tax money to get reelected to an illegal third term, but never spent a dime to keep records of to whom he owed money for services?

Or, is this just another case of the Commissar's savage hatred for Asians?

"I love the middle class", but not enough to keep a record of my legal obligation to pay for services I asked for and received.

"Don't people serve me for love?" "Why corrupt that service with requests for filthy money?"

"Love me for who and what I am! The most superior being alive!"

Klink Cannoli said...

Media - Such a foul business. In my day, 90 day net payment for session work was commonplace. Only the upper echelon talents had the inside pull in the accounting offices to receive payments better than 30 day net. "Missing" client information was a common excuse, or should I say tactic, given as a reason for non-payments.

It's beyond Bloomberg. It's a culture of corruption that's been stewing for many years.