Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Proposed legislation to save landmarks

The Historic Districts Council reports that Councilwoman Rosie Mendez of Manhattan is about to introduce legislation that would halt construction on buildings at the time of landmarking:

EVENT: Press Conference At City Hall to Announce Important Preservation Legislation

Join the Councilwoman and many neighborhood and preservation groups for a press conference to support this legislation Wednesday March 14th 10:30 AM at the City Hall Steps.

From the Sun: Council Member Aims To Close a Landmark Loophole

Photo from NYC Council.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am a developer and I hate your blog. I wanted to build a Fedders house in Elmhurst, but now I'm afraid it will be ridiculed on this blog. And then nobody will want to live there, not even the piss-poor immigrants. But hey, maybe somebody else will be willing to warehouse them somewhere.

Anonymous said...

Hi I am an elected official. I think I know what is best for your neighborhood.

We need to get the right people in who will think the right things and vote the right way.

So please do not get in my way. I have campaign donations that must be taken care of, and people to be displaced.

So do not dispute what I say. I own the newspapers.

And your friends will not help you.