No city construction permits had been filed at a Queens home where a 32-year-old man was fatally hit in the head by a dumpster door, city Department of Building officials said Tuesday.
The inside of the home on 191st St. near Northern Blvd. in Flushing was undergoing a “full gut renovation” when the door to a massive dumpster in the driveway popped open, striking a 32-year-old neighbor in the head, according to city records.
First responders found the victim pinned between the dumpster door and the house. He died at the scene.
A truck was dropping off the dumpster when the door popped open, police said. Jiangtao, who lived down the street, was talking to a construction worker at the site when the door hit him.
City building inspectors issued a stop work order, halting all construction, after determining no work permits had ever been filed for the construction.
A truck was dropping off the dumpster when the door popped open, police said. Jiangtao, who lived down the street, was talking to a construction worker at the site when the door hit him.
City building inspectors issued a stop work order, halting all construction, after determining no work permits had ever been filed for the construction.